1. If possible, do not leave food unattended, so there is not forgotten food which may burn.
2. Turn handles of potsand pans inward and not sticking out, to prevent spillages.
3. Avoid reaching over the stovetop.
4. Keep curtains and any other materials away from cooking areas.
5. Do not put knives or other sharp objects into a full sink.
6. When processing hot liquids in a blender make sure the blender’s lid is back on, do not fill the blender more than half way.
7. Wear clothes that won’t be able to be in the way of cooking devices eg. flames.
8. Keep children and pets away from appliances when cooking.
9. Keep appliance cords as short as possible to avoid accidents such as tripping or knocking the appliance over.
10. Have a small fire extinguisher and a first aid kit close by. Also make sure that smoke detectors are placed throughout your house, and are working.